Monday, November 26, 2012

Thing #18

I think it is important for educators to know how social networking works because I believe you can really go places through social networking. You could become friends with someone who is opening a new school, and you could end up getting a better job than you have. But I feel like Facebook is very controversial. Many people like it but feel like it should be something that you use on a personal level, not in the classroom. I am one of those people. I don't think that you should be introducing you class to social media, depending on the age, because it can be very dangerous. I plan on teaching Kindergarten through 3rd grade, so I don't feel like making a Facebook page, even one for the classroom, is necessary at all. If you want to post pictures, you can easily post them on your classroom blog. But I guess using Facebook in the classroom is completely up to the teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment