Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thing #20

The YouTube video that I felt was worth posting is located here. There is absolutely NOTHING to dislike about YouTube (except for maybe the trolls). Other than that I LOVE YouTube. I am on it everyday, and I can honestly say I watch YouTube videos more than I watch regular TV. The people I subscribe to are more interesting than the people on TV. I chose the video linked above because, even though it seems like has really no relation to the topic at hand, it really does. (I didn't choose this video at random, I really like Kevin's videos and felt like this video should be shared in this class.) Kevin went to Kenya and he ended up creating a secondary school for the kids there. And he did it all through YouTube, just from people watching his videos. Education is truly important, and this is a great way to talk to kids about children in other countries and what they have compared to us. It's not to make the U.S. look better than other countries, it's to get the students interested in helping people who don't have as much as we do. YouTube can be used in the classroom for just about anything. If you want to show your students how to factor in math then just look it up on YouTube. I'm sure you can fid something.

No comments:

Post a Comment